The Contracts & Grants Department coordinates the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe's management of funding provided from a variety of sources, including internal revenues, federal and state contracts and grants, and from private (non-profit) awards, contributions and donations. The Department also coordinates the fiscal management of grants, including financial reporting requirements and processing the drawdown of funds.
The department also coordinates, develops, and assists in the development of applications to support tribal goals and objectives and to meet the needs of the Tribe as set forth by the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribal Council. Specific forms regarding acquiring pre-authorization of proposal submissions, as well as documenting matches for grants are available by contacting the Contracts & Grants Office or clicking the forms at left. We hope that this site provides you with some basic information on the department. For more information please contact us.
The Contracts & Grants Department is comprised of three staff members who are responsible for the administration and management of grants for the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe. This includes pre-application coordination/development, negotiations, and post-award and close-out management.
· The Contracts & Grants Administrator is responsible for coordinating the Tribe's efforts to secure grants and contracts (with emphasis on governmental entities), administration and management of awarded projects, and participation and coordination in the Tribe's Administrative and Budgetary processes.
· The Grants Writer is responsible for centralizing, planning, organizing and management of the Tribe’s contracts and grants. Ensure that programs and departmental staff are in compliance with grant rules and regulations. Write grant applications on behalf of the tribe and assist departments by preparing final grant applications for submittal to funding agency.
· The Grants Accounting Specialist is responsible for the preparation of financial reports, coordinating the submission of progress reports, and submitting payment and reimbursement requests for all grants. This position also monitors all grants for financial compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe
Contracts & Grants Department
P.O. Box 256
208 Capital Hill
Nixon, Nevada 89424-0256
Fax (775) 574-1082
Copyright ® 2010 - Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, Contracts & Grants Department
Jennifer John, Contracts & Grants Administrator
775-574-1000 ext. 1104
Bonnie Smith, Grants Writer
775-574-1000 ext. 1116
Pamela Wright, Grants Accounting Specialist
775-574-1000 ext. 1124
· This is a mandatory form required to obtain internal tribal approval PRIOR to the submission of any contract or grant application.
· This form is for use by tribal programs/departments that need to document and record in-kind matches (not cash) for their grant projects.