PYRAMID LAKE HOUSING AUTHORITY
PO BOX 210/204 CAPITOL HILL
NIXON, NV 89424
T: 775-574-1026 F: 775-574-1044
DOT Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP)
This rental/utility assistance program is for low income tribal members on or off reservation who currently have an existing rental agreement in place. All PLHA units still under management are eligible. This will cover any delinquency plus 3-month’s rent plus utilities. Tribal member does not have to be delinquent in order to apply. They just have to show some sort of loss of income due to job loss, hours reduced, missing work due to COVID-1 or some sort of financial hardship.
Application is available here for download here: PLHA ERAP APPLICATION
Email completed application and supporting paperwork to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is being supported, in whole or in part, by federal award number ERA0606 awarded to Pyramid Lake Housing Authority by the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
The Food Distribution Program can provide emergency food boxes to those who are quarantining due to possible exposure and/or Positive COVID Cases. This service is provided to encourage those impacted by COVID to remain inside and in quarantine, thus reducing the possible exposure/spread of the virus onto others.
Basic grocery items are available, and PLHA has donated some dry goods (i.e., diapers, wipes, toothbrushes, toilet paper, etc.)
How to Apply:
- Call the FDPIR program at 775-217-7344 and let them know you are interested in participating in this program.
- Provide a copy of your picture ID.
- Provide a copy of your COVID/Quarantine notice from your physician or health clinic.
- Once this is received, the program staff will call you to review available grocery items.
- Program staff will pull the food items and shop for other items.
- Program staff will contact the EMT/EMS department to schedule the delivery of groceries to your home. (NOTE: you must be home to accept delivery of goods. If no one is home, groceries will not be left.)
- EMT/EMS will unload groceries to front porch and let you know when they are done.
- Our program is adhering to strict COVID delivery guidelines. We cannot take your groceries into your home; you will have to do this.
- Please allow a minimum of 24 hours to deliver the items to your home.
Fire /EMS Services
The Fire/EMS Department provides the following services:
- Medical Checkups for COVID Patients as needed.
- Delivery of basic PPE for COVID Patients and Families (gloves, gowns, masks, face shields, hand sanitizer).
- Delivery of food Boxes from the Food Distribution Center for COVID patients.
- Delivery of over the counter and prescription refills from the clinic for COVID patients.
- Conduct Rapid Binax COVID Tests at here Fire Station in Nixon for Employees.
And as always, we are available 24/7 for emergency medical services.
For further information on any Fire/EMS services, please call the Nixon station at 775-574-8999.