208 Capitol Hill
P.O. Box 256 Nixon, NV 89424
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
(775) 574-1000 ext. 1115
Please call ahead to arrange to meet with Enrollment Officer, Joanne Shaw.
Masks are required.
It is the mission of the Pyramid Lake Enrollment Committee to:
- Ensure the continued existence of the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe based on the intent and spirit of past generations in determining the membership of the Tribe for future generations.
- Review and make recommendations for all membership applications in accordance with the provisions set forth in the approved enrollment ordinances of the Tribe.
- Provide guidance to the Enrollment Office in all aspects of Tribal Membership and ensure that accurate information is contained on the Tribal Membership Roll for every enrolled member of the Tribe.
~ ELIGIBILITY FOR DISTRIBUTIONS FROM THE MINOR’S TRUST ~
Minors Distribution Form Please fill out this form by following instructions below
If you are age 18 by December 31, 2022, then you are eligible to receive your payment from the Minors’ Trust. Please do not submit early to expect an earlier distribution before your birthday – all Minors’ applications will be held and submitted upon the indicated Quarterly Deadline. This application must include an updated address with our Enrollment Officer, Joanne Shaw, a clear scanned copy of your Photo ID and a deposit slip from your bank with ACH wire transfer number and account number. The routing number must match the one on a check or direct bank form (you may download a form from the PLPT website or acquire one from your bank as well) – do not submit a generic deposit ticket; this can cause delays with your deposit. Please include CLEAR and LEGIBLE contact information in case you need to be reached! If there are any questions from the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe staff that are processing your paperwork, PLEASE leave a distinguishable email address and make sure that your voicemail box is set up in the event that we have to leave a message in order to get a hold of you. The tax information brackets on top of the second page MUST be completed, or this will cause a delay in your payment. If delayed, your application won’t be processed in time and you will have to wait until the next quarter to receive your funds. The 4th Quarter deadline for year 2022 will be December 31, 2022, and any late applications will be sent then.
Once your application is processed, you can expect a 2-3 month wait until your funds are distributed – the Tribe is responsible for verifying your information and submitting your forms. Because Minors’ funds are in a trust, please understand that this quarterly process is because funds are calculated by the length of time it has gathered interest sitting in that trust; it is NOT distributed like the Adults’.
Minors will have up to six years to complete their forms and claim their economic stimulus payment. The six-year count starts on your 18th birthday.
Reminder that the deadline to submit your forms for this 4th Quarter of 2022 is on December 31, 2022. Applications received by 12/31/22 will be processed and forwarded to the Trust the next business day. Applications received after 12/31/22 will be held until the next quarter submission, which is March 31, 2023. Reminder, it is your responsibility to ensure that your form is received COMPLETE and date-stamped by December 31, 2022.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Numu News (Apr 2018)
: : FACT SHEET FOR MINOR’S DISTRIBUTION: :
- Funds will be received at least 2-3 months after deadline. Please plan accordingly.
- All Minors’ Applications are processed at the same time – turning in a form earlier than the deadline doesn’t ensure a faster result.
- The whole process goes from receiving and verifying your information with our PLPT Enrollment office, which includes verifying Enrollment numbers, social security numbers and updated addresses. The paperwork is then submitted immediately to the Trust Company, which is then processed there for at least a month. The Trust Company then submits their completed forms to the Bank, and after verification with the bank, your money will THEN be distributed – this sometimes takes up to 2-3 MONTHS. Please plan accordingly, and expect that your money will arrive 2-3 MONTHS after the Quarter Deadline.
- The Trust company will contact the PLPT office for more information according to their standards – your contact information needs to be legible just in case we need to reach you. If you can’t be reached, your form will be held until you contact us.
ENROLLED MEMBER ADDRESS UPDATE FORM
Once completed, you must PRINT, SIGN, and DATE and MAIL to the Enrollment Office.
EXPIRATION DATE CARD REPLACEMENT REQUEST FORM– to replace old Tribal ID. Duplicate ID Cards with expiration date are available with Card Request Form or written request.
First time ID Card with expiration date require the following:
PHOTO: a passport photo, which is available at CVS, Walmart or WalGreens, is preferred. A headshot with a white background may be used if it is a clear photo.
Signature: Black fine print sharpie on an 81/2 or 11 white sheet of paper. Try to fill half the page; signatures need to be large to reproduce on the ID card.
Photo ID: we require a legible copy of your current photo ID for verification.
UPDATES/CHANGES BY PHONE CALLS ARE NOT PERMITTED.