Food Distribution Program
Bonnie Akaka-Smith, FDPIR Manager: (775) 217-7344
The Food Distribution Program can provide emergency food boxes to those who are quarantining due to possible exposure and/or positive COVID cases. This service is provided to encourage those impacted by COVID to remain inside and in quarantine, thus reducing the possible exposure/spread of the virus to others.
Basic grocery items are available, and PLHA has donated some dry goods (i.e. diapers, wipes, toothbrushes, toilet paper, etc.).
- Call the FDPIR program at 775-217-7344 and let them know you are interested in participating in this program.
- Provide a copy of your picture ID.
- Provide a copy of your COVID/Quarantine notice from your physician or health clinic.
- Once this is received, the program staff will call you to review available grocery items.
- Program staff will pull the food items and shop for other items.
- Program staff will contact the EMT/EMS department to schedule the delivery of groceries to your home. NOTE: you must be home to accept delivery of goods. If no one is home, groceries will not be left.
- EMT/EMS will unload groceries to front porch and let you know when they are done.
- Our program is adhering to strict COVID delivery guidelines. We cannot take your groceries into your home; you will have to do this.
- Please allow a minimum of 24 hours to deliver the items to your home.
Fire /EMS Services
The Fire/EMS Department provides the following services:
- Medical Checkups for COVID Patients as needed.
- Delivery of basic PPE for COVID Patients and Families (gloves, gowns, masks, face shields, hand sanitizer).
- Delivery of food Boxes from the Food Distribution Center for COVID patients.
- Delivery of over the counter and prescription refills from the clinic for COVID patients.
- Conduct Rapid Binax COVID Tests at here Fire Station in Nixon for Employees.
And as always, Fire/EMS are available 24/7 for emergency medical services.
For further information on any Fire/EMS services, please call the Nixon station at 775-574-8999.
Check this page for updates from the Food Distribution Programs! Staff will also be releasing a Newsletter for up to date information regarding their brand new program.