Physical Address: 208 Capitol Hill, Nixon, Nevada 89424
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 256, Nixon, Nevada 89424
Phone: (775) 574-1000 | Fax: (775) 574-1007
Office Hours: Monday – Friday | 8:00am – 4:30pm
Dedicated to serve the Community and Businesses by administering the Tax Code of the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe with integrity, efficiency, and consistency. As well as maintaining consensual relationships with the tax payers and community.
2022 Annual Tax Commission Report
2022 Annual Report
Importance of Tax Collection
Support, sustain and enhance governmental programs and services to taxpayers and tribal members. Boosts the economy on the reservation. Shows good will with the State of Nevada Department of Taxation and other state offices.
Taxes Currently Collected
- Possessory Interest Tax
- Transient Lodging Tax
- Sales Tax
- Cigarette & Other Tobacco Tax
- Use Tax
- Regular Fuel Tax
- Mineral Severance Tax
- Diesel Fuel Tax
Services of the Tax Department
- Adhering to and enforcement of the Pyramid Lake Tax Code – collecting tax revenues for the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe.
- Submit cigarette and other tobacco refunds from the State, on private businesses.
- Submit to the IRS for administrative fuel refunds.
- Provide Governmental Service Tax Exemption forms for vehicle registration. To qualify for the Governmental Service Tax exemption, you must reside on the Pyramid Lake Reservation and/or live on another Nevada reservation, colony, or band and be a Nevada Tribal Member. Information needed for form: Year, Make and Model of vehicle; License plate #, VIN, name of registered owner, physical address on reservation, mailing address and your enrollment number.
- Notary services at no charge.
- Federal Income Tax preparation – VITA site, e-file, assist individuals with income tax returns.
- Provide individuals and businesses with sales tax exemption letters and privilege tax exempt forms. Work closely with contractors, educating on Tribal Taxes vs. State and County on Use Tax.
- Office management
- Education – reservation and statewide
Tax Funded Services
- Tax Department Administration
- Parks & Recreation
- Public Safety / Law Enforcement
- Fire & Search and Rescue
- Johnson O’Malley Program
- Lake Maintenance
Tax Department Forms